Sara practices with the firm's Business Law practice group, focusing primarily on business transactions, including entity formations, mergers and acquisitions, trademark registrations, finance, corporate governance, securities law, and general commercial law and contract issues. She represents individuals, privately held businesses and exempt organizations across a diverse array of industries, including oil and gas, energy efficiency, medical devices, heavy equipment and auto sales and leasing, banking and financial services, craft brewing, nonprofit, and manufacturing.
In addition to traditional business and contracts matters, Sara regularly advises clients with respect to regulatory and compliance matters in the areas of energy, banking, and consumer protection. She also has extensive experience counseling financial institutions in connection with secured and unsecured lending.
Prior to joining Preti Flaherty, Sara practiced at a law firm in Maine for nine years.
Sara lives in Portland with her family.
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Past President
- American Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- Super Lawyers New England Rising Star for six consecutive years
Civic and Charitable Activities
- SCORE Portland Chapter, Resource Mentor
- Cumberland County Fund, Maine Community Foundation, Chair
- The Maine Women’s Conference, Inc., Board Member and General Counsel
- City of Portland Zoning Board of Appeals, Past Member and Chair