Mike practices with Preti Flaherty's Real Estate and Finance Practice Group. He has represented clients in all aspects of real estate and land use law, including acquisitions, dispositions, obtaining federal, state and local regulatory approvals; commercial and public financing; title and conveyancing matters. Mike has built a strong timberlands practice representing mills, land management companies and industrial land owners in complex timberlands transactions, including acquisitions, sales, operating agreements, wood supply agreements, underwriting timberland titles, Land Use Planning Commission (LUPC) development compliance and permitting. He routinely appears before municipal planning boards, LUPC and the Department of Environmental Protection to permit residential, commercial and industrial projects.
Mike also serves as Vice President and General Counsel to Charter Title Company, LLC, Preti Flaherty's wholly-owned subsidiary, a respected agent for a number of nationally recognized title insurance companies. He has substantial experience in underwriting and negotiating title insurance coverages involving multisite, multimillion dollar commercial transactions, particularly energy, industrial and timberland properties, covering Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
- Maine Bar Association
- Title Standards Committee
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Maine Technology Institute
- Member, Advanced Technologies for Forestry and Agriculture Board
Honors & Recognition
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Real Estate and Timberland/Conservation
- New England Super Lawyers - Real Estate, Energy and Natural Resources and Land Use and Zoning
- Best Lawyers in America - Real Estate Law
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Former Chairman, Town of Richmond Planning Board
- Former President, Maine Forest and Logging Museum
- Member, Maine Forest Products Council