Two words define our Environmental Group: reputation and results. We’ve earned both. Preti Flaherty has one of the largest and most diversified environmental practices in New England, and our success can be seen in the wide range of clients from across the country that rely on us for environmental problem-solving, risk management and litigation. We represent Fortune 500 companies, large, mid-size and small manufacturers, development companies, trade and other associations, PRP groups, municipalities and government agencies, as well as individuals. Our clients’ environmental challenges are all different, but they all come to us because we stay ahead of the fast pace of change in environmental regulation and legislation, and we provide creative, comprehensive, and cost-effective solutions.
Led by a former U.S. DOJ Environmental Enforcement Section attorney and backed by highly qualified environmental attorneys, including five former EPA regional and headquarters attorneys, Preti Flaherty’s Environmental Group brings substantial insight and experience to issues involving air, water and stormwater, solid/hazardous waste, waste management, chemical regulation, and land use controls.
Our extensive environmental experience includes:
- Negotiating and litigating Superfund cost recovery, remediation and natural resource damages cases
- Litigating federal, state and local administrative judicial proceedings
- Defending class action and multiparty toxic tort suits
- Counseling on compliance with environmental and land use statutes and regulations
- Pursuing permit applications and managing the permitting process
- Undertaking permit appeals for construction and development
- Defending administrative and judicial proceedings on regulatory enforcement
- Assisting developers and municipalities in Brownfields redevelopment
- Advising on environmental due diligence and risk management
- Counseling on toxics use, pollution prevention and community right-to-know issues
- Undertaking compliance audits
- Advising on air regulation, climate strategy and the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative
The lawyers you want on your side.
Companies facing environmental challenges ask for our attorneys by name. They trust that when Preti Flaherty’s team is involved in the case, they’re getting the best possible counsel. We guide our clients through sophisticated and often-unfamiliar territory in a clear, practical, and understanding way. With six former government enforcement lawyers that have more than one hundred fifty years combined experience and a deep bench to support them, we’ve built one of the most accomplished, knowledgeable and capable teams in the region and country. We’re called on to take big cases in big places, and we’re always ready for the next challenge.
Additional information on the firm's environmental due diligence and risk management experience can be viewed here.