Kristin practices with the Municipal Law and Finance Group from the firm’s Augusta office. She works with municipalities—both small and large—to find practical, efficient, and politically sensible approaches to issues touching on all areas of municipal law. She also advises individual and corporate clients on personnel, land use, and litigation matters. Kristin has practiced before many Maine courts and administrative agencies, and has successfully argued several appeals before Maine's Law Court.
Prior to joining Preti Flaherty, Kristin represented a number of Maine municipalities from a law firm in Belfast, Maine. In this role, she focused on a wide range of matters, including administrative, employment, land use, litigation, and educational planning and finance. In addition, Kristin previously practiced as a staff attorney at the Maine Municipal Association, where she addressed wide-ranging legal issues on behalf of the Association’s over 400 municipal members.
Kristin obtained her undergraduate degree in International Relations from Colgate University in Hamilton, New York and earned her law degree from the University of Maine School of Law.
- Maine Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project
- Published reference manuals and informational materials on behalf of the Maine Municipal Association
- Presented Legal Year in Review sessions on Municipal and Administrative Law
- Presented annual training sessions for municipal officials
- Presented workshops for municipal code enforcement officers, assessors, and other officials
- Presented at Preti Flaherty's annual Employment Law Seminar