Bodie Colwell Panelist at Maine Law Pro Bono Celebration
300 Fore Street, 1st Floor
As part of the Maine Law National Celebration of Pro Bono Program, Preti Flaherty attorney Bodie Colwell will participate in a panel on the theme of "How Pro Bono Fosters Access to Justice." Topics will include The Justice Gap, The Impact of Pro Bono, and The Maine Law Pro Bono Challenge.
Bodie will discuss why pro bono work is important, how it fits into her practice, the benefits to professional development, and why Preti Flaherty dedicates so many resources to pro bono.
Other confirmed panelists include
- Hon. Andrew M. Mead, Associate Justice of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court and Chair of the Justice Action Group
- Hon. Karen F. Wolf, Magistrate Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Maine
- Kevin Curnin, founding director of the Public Service Project at Stroock law firm in New York
- Shannon Karam, director of Pro Bono Services at Pine Tree Legal Assistance
- Catherine Lindgren, attorney with the Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project
- Alicia Rea, student at the University of Maine School of Law
- Elizabeth Stout of the Maine Volunteer Lawyers Project