Bodie B. Colwell practices with the Business Law and Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy practice groups from the firm’s Portland office, representing bankruptcy, insolvency, and creditors’ rights clients. Bodie regularly represents Chapter 7 trustees of corporate and consumer debtors in the liquidation of assets and litigation matters, buyers of assets in bankruptcy, and distressed health-care businesses in out-of-court workouts and liquidations. Her practice includes representing lenders in commercial and consumer matters and creditors in matters involving preference and fraudulent transfer avoidance claims.
Bodie grew up in New Sharon, Maine and is a cum laude graduate of the University of Maine School of Law and the University of Southern Maine. She serves as the co-chair of the New England Network of the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation and is the first New England–area attorney to be named as a semi-finalist for the IWIRC Rising Star Award.
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Newsletter Editor, Young and New Member Committee
- Former Special Projects Leader, Young and New Member Committee
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation - Co-Chair New England Network
Honors & Recognition
- New England Super Lawyers Rising Star, Bankruptcy: Business, 2019
- Medal for Excellence in Bankruptcy Studies - The American Bankruptcy Institute
- The National Association of Women Lawyers Recognition Award
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation Class of 2017
- Semi-finalist for the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation Rising Star Award, 2018
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Preti Flaherty Pro Bono Committee