Bodie B. Colwell helps banks and businesses recover money owed to them, and represents businesses in financial distress both in and out of court. Bodie recognizes that in restructuring, insolvency, and bankruptcy matters, there are limited resources; she applies practical business insight and keen attention to detail to ensure clients minimize loss and maximize financial recovery.
Bodie represents Chapter 7 trustees of corporate and consumer debtors in the liquidation of assets and litigation matters, buyers of assets in bankruptcy, and distressed health-care businesses in out-of-court workouts and liquidations. Bodie also represents lenders in commercial and consumer matters and creditors in matters involving preference and fraudulent transfer avoidance claims.
Bodie is an emerging leader in bankruptcy and restructuring. She has authored articles for the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) Journal and is actively engaged in committees of the ABI, serving as Education Director for the ABI Young and New Member Committee Newsletter. Bodie is a member of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) and is the first New England–area attorney to be named as a semi-finalist for the IWIRC Rising Star Award.
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Education Director, Young and New Member Committee
- Former Special Projects Leader and Newsletter Editor, Young and New Member Committee
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation – Vice Director, Communications
- Former Co-Chair New England Network
Honors & Recognition
- New England Super Lawyers Rising Star, Bankruptcy: Business – 2018, 2019, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Corporate Law – 2021
- Medal for Excellence in Bankruptcy Studies - The American Bankruptcy Institute
- The National Association of Women Lawyers Recognition Award
- National Conference of Bankruptcy Judges Next Generation Class of 2017
- Semi-finalist for the International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation Rising Star Award, 2018
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Preti Flaherty Pro Bono Committee