Adam J. Shub is an associate with Preti Flaherty. His commercial litigation practice focuses on representing creditors in bankruptcy, foreclosures, workouts, title, and real estate disputes. Based in the Portland office, Adam is counsel to local and national banks in complex mortgage litigation. He also represents bankruptcy court trustees on various matters including creditor/debtor litigation. Adam also practices in the firm’s media law group.
Prior to launching his legal career, Adam was an award-winning broadcast journalist. He was a news anchor and reporter at television stations in Bangor, Maine and Charlotte, North Carolina. Adam worked on stories involving criminal matters, immigration issues, federal bankruptcy cases, education, and politics. Adam also served as a production assistant for ESPN's SportsCenter and Baseball Tonight programs.
While an undergraduate, Adam studied abroad at University College in Dublin, Ireland. Adam is a native of Marblehead, Massachusetts. He now lives in Yarmouth with his wife Kate and their two children.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Boston College (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Maine Bankers Association
- Commercial Lending Committee
- Collections Committee
- Maine Real Estate Commission (Chairman 2015 - Present)
- Muskie Fund for Legal Services Award Dinner Committee
- Yarmouth Community Services - Youth Coach