Adam Shub is a partner in Preti Flaherty’s Litigation and Bankruptcy, Creditors Rights & Business Restructuring Practice Groups. His practice focuses on representing banks, lenders, loan servicers, and creditors in commercial loan workouts and all types of complex disputes in state and federal court. Since the foreclosure crisis, Adam emerged as a leading advocate for lenders challenged by Maine’s evolving law on the enforcement of mortgages. He has argued and won several cases before Maine’s Supreme Court. Adam has also successfully defended or negotiated favorable settlements in lender liability actions and matters alleging violations of federal mortgage servicing guidelines and fair debt collection practices.
Adam also specializes in litigating real estate disputes. This includes the representation of title insurance companies, businesses, and Mainers protecting their property rights. Adam recently won at trial on behalf of a group of oceanfront property owners who were denied beach access by a neighbor. The property owners’ rights to the beach were secured and the court awarded money damages. His practice also includes the representation of commercial landlords and clients who need help to recover money owed for goods and services.
Prior to his legal career, Adam was an award-winning broadcast journalist. He was a news anchor and reporter at television stations in Bangor, Maine and Charlotte, North Carolina.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Maine Law Review
- Boston College (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Maine Bankers Association
- Commercial Lending Committee
- Collections Committee
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Woodward/White's The Best Lawyers in America
- Maine Real Estate Commission (2013 - 2019)
- 2019 - Chairman
- 2018 - Vice-Chairman
- 2015 - Chairman
- Yarmouth Little League - President
- Yarmouth Community Services - Youth Coach