MAME Risk Roundup Series - Workers' Comp Claims in a WFH World
In this first in the Risk Roundup series for MAME members, Preti Flaherty attorney John Cronan will present an overview of the effect the COVID pandemic and Working From Home (WFH) is having on Workers' Compensation claims. Specific items discussed will include:
- Compensability of COVID claims --- what is a compensable claim under the Maine WC Act?
- Dealing with consequences of mandatory employer vaccine policies
- Working from home – compensability of claims?
- Return to work with restrictions --- more difficult with the pandemic
- Decreasing claims volume in some industries – fewer people working in certain industries means fewer claims
- Increase use of telemedicine as we adapt to the pandemic