John is a Partner in the firm's Litigation, Antitrust, Workers' Compensation, and Creditors' Rights Practice Groups. In his practice, he focuses on regional, national, and international antitrust matters, including commercial and antitrust litigation. John regularly counsels clients navigating costly workers' compensation claims, insurance issues, or creditor’s rights disputes. As an experienced trial attorney, he understands that being court-ready means having the right information and resources to dismantle the opposition as quickly and thoroughly as possible. John enjoys the investigation, research, and preparation that help him win in court, and secure favorable pre-trial settlements for his clients.
John represents national insurance companies and group self-insurers before state courts, regulatory agencies, and mediators, and has argued before the Maine Law Court. In addition to his focus on workers’ compensation, his work includes defense of insurance claims, unemployment appeals, collections actions, defense of Federal Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act claims, and self-insurance matters.
Before joining the firm, John served as a law clerk within the Civil Litigation Department of a law firm in Boston, and as an intern with the Worcester County District Attorney's Office in Worcester, Massachusetts. While in law school, he served as Associate Editor and Executive Technical Editor of the New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement.
John is a native of Barrington, Rhode Island, and now lives in Falmouth, Maine, with his wife, Bridget, and son.
- American Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Maine Real Estate and Development Association
- Membership and Marketing Committee
Honors & Recognition
- Recognized as a Rising Star in New England Super Lawyers in the area of Workers Compensation - 2017, 2018
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America as "One to Watch" for Antitrust Law; Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; and Workers' Compensation Law - Employers in the Portland, Maine, region - 2021, 2022
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Maine Cancer Foundation, Leadership Roundtable