Bonnie L. Martinolich is a partner in Preti Flaherty's Business Law Group. Her practice consists of advising business clients on a broad range of business related issues, including entity formation, financing, mergers and acquisitions, real estate acquisitions, dispositions and development, and tax-exempt financings. Working closely with the lawyers in Preti Flaherty's Energy Law Group, Bonnie has developed an expertise in energy-related transactions, including the development and financing of energy projects, acquisitions and dispositions of energy assets and power purchase agreements. Bonnie's work is highly regarded by her peers as evidenced by her AV® Preeminent™ rating in Martindale Hubbell and her inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
Bonnie's science-based education and energy-focused practice influences her work today. She received her Juris Doctorate summa cum laude from Touro Law School in 1992 and also graduated with high honors from Rochester Institute of Technology, where in 1978, she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in nuclear medicine technology. She also studied toward an MBA at Hofstra University in New York from 1983 to 1985.
Prior to joining Preti Flaherty in 1996, Bonnie practiced as an Associate with the New York law firm of Debevoise & Plimpton, where she gained extensive experience in commercial and real estate transactions.
When not engaged in the practice of law, Bonnie is a passionate dog rescuer and animal welfare advocate.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Construction Law
- Climate Strategy
- Land Use & Permitting
- Public Finance
- Real Estate
- Animal Law
- Municipal Law and Finance
- Jacob D. Fuchsberg–Touro Law Center (J.D., summa cum laude, 1992)
- Rochester Institute of Technology (B.S., 1978)
- New York
- Maine State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell
- District Leader for the Humane Society of the United States
- New England Federation of Humane Societies - Member, Board
- Almost Home Rescue - Volunteer; Past President (2010-2014)