Martha is a member of the firm's Business Law and Taxation practice groups, focusing primarily on multi-state and international tax and estate planning matters. She provides federal and state tax compliance counsel for individual clients and small business owners, such as physician groups, engineering and architecture firms, and tax-exempt organizations, and advises corporate clients regarding entity formation, ongoing operational activities, merger and acquisition, and dissolution. Martha has extensive experience negotiating and drafting asset sales, employment and professional service contracts, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, licensing agreements, and disclosures concerning privacy and security issues.
Prior to joining Preti Flaherty, Martha practiced tax law for more than ten years at several distinguished law firms on the East Coast. Her clients have included asbestos trusts, financial services firms, domestic and off-shore professional and manufacturing services, and pharmaceutical companies.
Martha lives in Ellsworth, Maine.
- Villanova University School of Law (LL.M., 2007)
- Estate Planning Certificate
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Dean’s Scholar
- Nina Olsen National Taxpayer Advocate Scholar
- New York
Honors & Awards
- Cyberspace Law Book Award
- Advisory Committee Member, Eastern Maine Medical Center
- Board Member, The Grand Theatre, Ellsworth, Maine