John is a Director licensed in Maine, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. As chair of the firm's Corporate and M&A Practice Group, his practice involves mergers & acquisitions, corporate law, commercial finance, and business reorganizations representing both creditors and debtors. John served as Preti Flaherty’s Managing Partner from 2013 to 2019.
He has received the New Hampshire Bar Association President's Award for outstanding service to the poor. John was certified by The American Board of Certification (ABC) in Business Bankruptcy in 2004. He served two terms on the Concord City Council, served on the City's Personnel Appeals Board and is presently Chair of the City of Concord Ethics Board. The First Circuit Judicial Conference appointed John to the Bankruptcy Merit Selection Panel for New Hampshire, charged with reviewing and interviewing applicants for the bankruptcy court. He also previously served on the Board of the New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority. John is a past President of the Concord Country Club and presently sits on the Club’s Board. In 2019, He was elected to the Law Council at his alma mater Washington and Lee University Law School.
John graduated from St. Paul's School in Concord in 1974, Bowdoin College in 1978 cum laude, and from W & L Law in 1981, where he was a member of the Law Review.
- American Board of Certification (ABC), Business Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Merit Selection Panel for New Hampshire
- Washington and Lee University Law School, Law Council member
Honors & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- Recognized by Chambers, USA
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America
- New Hampshire Bar Association President's Award
Civic and Charitable Activities
- City of Concord Ethics Board, chair
- Concord Country Club, board member, past president
- Concord City Council, past member
- Concord Personnel Appeals Board, past member
- New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority, past board member