Corporate Associate Attorney
Preti Flaherty is a diverse law firm with more than 100 attorneys and offices in ME, NH, MA and D.C. We are currently seeking a Corporate Associate Attorney to work in our dynamic and growing Business Law Practice Group in our Concord, NH office. A candidate must have:
- Top academic credentials
- 3-5 years’ experience in corporate law, with experience in mergers & acquisitions, commercial lending and real estate financing preferred.
Preti Flaherty offers a competitive salary, incentive bonuses, a generous benefits package, and an ideal working environment. Please email cover letter and resume to Mary Johnston, Recruitment Coordinator at: [email protected].
Intellectual Property – Lateral
Preti Flaherty is a diverse, growing law firm with more than 100 attorneys and offices in ME, NH, MA and D.C. We are currently seeking an Intellectual Property Attorney to work in our dynamic growing Intellectual Property Practice Group in our Boston, MA office. A candidate must have:
- Top academic credentials
- 4+ years’ experience in Patent law
- Portable book of business.
Preti Flaherty offers a competitive salary, incentive bonuses, a generous benefits package, and an ideal working environment. Please email cover letter, resume (include college and law school GPA and class ranking), writing sample, transcript and list of references to Mary Johnston, Recruitment Coordinator at: [email protected].
Preti Flaherty is a fast growing mid-sized (approximately 100 lawyer) New England based law firm with offices in Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Washington, DC. Preti Flaherty offers a 10-week summer associate program in either our Boston, Massachusetts office or Portland, Maine office that provides students who have completed their second year of law school with a broad range of experiences and opportunities. We are seeking a 2L candidate who is highly motivated, demonstrates exceptional potential and has ties and a bonafide interest in a career in New England with Preti Flaherty. Although the summer associate program is based out of the Boston, Massachusetts or Portland, Maine offices, summer associates will gain exposure to the firm’s offices in Augusta, Maine, and Concord, NH as well.
Please send application materials as soon as possible including, resume, cover letter, law school transcript with class rank, undergrad GPA and a writing sample to Mary Johnston, Recruiting Coordinator, Preti Flaherty, One City Center, P.O. Box 9546, Portland, ME 04112-9546 or email to: [email protected].
Conflicts & Accounts Receivable Specialist
Preti Flaherty, a New England Regional law firm with 100+ attorneys, is seeking an experienced Conflicts/New Business, and Accounts Receivable professional for its Portland, ME office. The position reports to the Accounting Manager. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, research skills, experience with accounting software, and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct thorough and accurate conflict of interest searches on behalf of the Firm
- Assist attorneys and staff with conflicts and new client/matter opening procedures
- Utilize internal and external databases, and other resources as necessary, to obtain relevant information in connection with new cases being considered by the firm; identify relevant corporate affiliations
- Review the conflicts and research results to identify potential issues to be reviewed/resolved by the requesting attorney and/or firm’s General Counsel
- Review and process new client/matter, closed file, and declination requests, verification of completeness, and all required approvals
- Update/maintain the Client/Matter tables and the conflict database, in collaboration with the Firm’s General Counsel, attorneys, and staff
- Implement and maintain ethical walls
Cash Receipts Responsibilities
- Review and process all incoming receipts via check, wire, ACH, or credit card
- Post daily cash receipts in the Accounting system, including follow up and resolution of questions and inquiries as necessary
- Provide assistance to the Billing and AP departments as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, not easily distracted
- General understanding of how various parties to a legal transaction or lawsuit may give rise to a conflict
- Critical thinking and assessment skills
- Ability to work effectively with attorneys and staff throughout the firm, as well as clients and other peripheral parties
- Ability to consistently exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to work independently while safeguarding confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to respond to requests in a prompt, professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional environment where deadlines & priorities may change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Associates and/or Bachelor's degree preferred
This full time position offers a competitive salary, benefits package, retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays and parking subsidy. Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].Read Less