The pace of change in environmental regulation and legislation calls for dynamic, forward-thinking advisors and litigators. Preti Flaherty's Environmental Group is one of New England's largest and most diversified environmental practices. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, large, mid-size and small manufacturers, development companies, trade and other associations, regional and local businesses, municipalities and government agencies, as well as individuals. Our environmental litigators, transactional attorneys and regulatory specialists focus on creative, proactive and cost-effective solutions.
Led by a former senior official of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, it also includes a former EPA Regional Attorney, a former U.S. DOJ Environmental Enforcement Section Attorney, and a number of other highly qualified environmental attorneys. This group offers in-depth experience in all phases of federal, state and local administrative and judicial proceedings. We are experienced in air, water and stormwater, and solid/hazardous waste issues, as well as waste management, chemical regulation and land use controls.
Our attorneys are known for their success in obtaining state and federal permits for significant development projects and for providing innovative and money-saving counsel on environmental risk management issues in the transactional context. Our environmental litigators have been extremely successful in defending class action and multiparty toxic tort suits.
Our Environmental Law Attorneys Provide a Wide Range of Services
- Counseling regarding compliance with federal, state and local environmental and land use statutes and regulations.
- Pursuing permit applications, managing the permit process and undertaking permit appeals for construction and development, including industrial, energy, and roadway and other linear projects.
- Defending administrative and judicial proceedings concerning regulatory enforcement.
- Assisting developers and municipalities in Brownfields redevelopment.
- Advising on environmental risk management for real estate, financial and industrial clients.
- Counseling on toxics use, pollution prevention and community right-to-know issues.
- Undertaking compliance audits.
- Conducting negotiations and litigation related to hazardous waste sites and natural resource damages.
- Advising on all aspects of air regulation and climate strategy, including with regard to the northeastern states' Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative.