- Lead author of post-hearing brief after complex three-week arbitration proceeding featuring breach of contract and intellectual property claims, resulting in recovery of $3.6 million in damages for our client, Criterium Engineers, against QualityBuilt.com.
- Lead author of successful brief filed in federal court of appeals on behalf of Industry Energy Consumer Group in Maine PUC v. FERC, 625 F.3d 765 (D.C. Cir. 2010), striking down order of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on the ground that it deprived our client of its statutory rights under the Federal Power Act.
- Lead author of post-hearing brief in arbitration where our client prevailed in dispute between general partners and related entities over distribution and allocation of proceeds of $79 million timberland sale. Blanchet Woodlands, LLC v. Pelletier Woodlands, LLC, Arb. No. 50 180 T 00274 08.
- Lead author of brief convincing federal district court to reject claim that $40 million international arbitration award in securities fraud case secured for our client Kingspan Group PLC of Ireland was affected by bias.
- Lead author of successful class certification brief in Marine Hose Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1888 (S.D. Fla.), leading to recovery of $25 million for class of purchasers.
- Lead author of winning brief filed in Maine Supreme Judicial Court in York Hospital v. Department of Health and Human Services, 2008 ME 165, upholding trial court ruling that award of certificate of need to our clients Maine Medical Center, Southern Maine Medical Center, and Goodall Hospital by the Maine Department of Human Services was not affected by bias