Gregory A. Moffett practices with the firm's Bankruptcy, Business Law and Litigation Groups as a director in the Concord, New Hampshire office. Greg focuses his practice on bankruptcy, commercial litigation, and creditor's rights. He regularly assists institutional creditors, corporations, and individuals in litigated matters in the New Hampshire Bankruptcy Court, and in the various state courts of New Hampshire. Greg also frequently counsels real estate agents and brokers in connection with negligence claims and related disputes.
Prior to launching his legal career, Greg played hockey professionally for four years, after being drafted by the Montreal Canadiens as a goaltender. Born and raised in Brunswick, Maine, Greg now resides in Bow, New Hampshire with his wife and daughter.
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- South Congregational Church Board of Trustees
- NH Legends of Hockey Board of Trustees
- Past Member, UNH Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Negotiated the sale of secured claims in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding, obtaining a 100% recovery for a finance company.
- Represented an insurance company creditor in the reorganization of a major New Hampshire manufacturing corporation.
- Prevented confirmation of a serial Chapter 13 bankruptcy case, permitting an institutional lender to recover its collateral and obtain full payment.
- Obtained a significant monetary award for a construction company in contract litigation against a multi-national material supplier.
- Counseled a commercial lender in connection with the liquidation of a New Hampshire-based retailer of home furnishings
- Successfully defended a New Hampshire real estate brokerage and agent in state court negligence litigation.
- Prevailed in post-trial, appellate proceedings before the New Hampshire Supreme Court, preserving a favorable judgment for his client.