Susan has practiced as a business counselor with Preti Flaherty since 1985 and has successfully orchestrated complex commercial transactions among clients, including international clients, some of northern New England's largest businesses, and companies headquartered throughout the eastern seaboard. As former Chair of the firm's Business Law Practice Group, she is proud to serve a solid base of business clients as general counsel and has handled numerous mergers and acquisitions transactions in locations across the United States. In her mergers and acquisitions work, she regularly leads and coordinates cross-disciplinary teams of lawyers and consultants to complete complicated deals and achieve client objectives.
Susan has counseled clients in most stages of the business "life cycle," from inception through dissolution, and in several cases has served as general counsel for nearly thirty years. Whether assisting a healthy, growing company or a bankruptcy survivor, she strives to give the level of service requested, from regular attendance at board meetings to occasional telephone consultations with management.
Susan lives in Cape Elizabeth, Maine.
Honors & Recognition
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Listed in Woodward/White's The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in New England Super Lawyers
- Exclusive Global Law Expert Commercial Attorney for Maine
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Member, Katahdin Counsel, 2012-present
- Member, Maine Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Leadership Maine Graduate, Zi Class, 2006-2007
- Former Board Member, Center for Grieving Children
- Board Co-Chair, Women in Harmony
- Asylum Volunteer, Immigrant Legal Aid Project
- Volunteer, Boys & Girls Club of Southern Maine
- Former Board Member, MaineLine, Inc.
- Former Volunteer, Learning Works