Mike is a member of Preti Flaherty’s Real Estate and Finance Practice Group in the firm’s Portland office. He represents a full range of business and corporate clients with financing, sales and acquisitions, and restructuring. Mike advises banks, credit unions, and private lenders on commercial real estate and business transactions and provides comprehensive guidance on all aspects of initial commitments and risk assessments, drafting and negotiating loan documents, and facilitating closings. Aside from commercial financing, Mike works with individuals and businesses in negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements as well as complex commercial leases.
Mike is a graduate of the University of Maine School of Law and the University of Southern Maine. While in law school, he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Ocean and Coastal Law Journal, was a Student Attorney in the Cumberland County District Attorney’s Office in Portland, and held internships at Unum Life Insurance Company and the Maine Bureau of Consumer Credit Protection. From 2011-2017, Mike was a Combat Engineer with the Maine Army National Guard, which included a nine month tour in Afghanistan. He joins Preti Flaherty after working as an associate at a notable business and real estate firm in Portland.
Mike lives with his family in Brunswick, Maine.
Civic and Charitable Activities
- American Legion, Member
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Member
- Greater Portland Maine Military and Community Network, Member
Honors & Recognition
- Mainebiz Next Up: 40 Under 40 List, 2022
- Faculty Significant Achievement Graduation Award, University of Maine School of Law
- U.S. Army Medals and Decorations, including Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Combat Action Badge
- Financial Guide for Maine Veterans, co-author, August 2018