Twenty Preti Flaherty Attorneys Selected as Chambers USA Leaders in Their Field
Twenty Preti Flaherty attorneys, including two new additions, have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, the highly regarded directory of leading attorneys and law firms in the United States.
The recognition is significant as it is a result of independent research and interviews with clients and peers to impartially gauge performance and rank top attorneys and firms throughout the United States.
Those selected for inclusion in the 2014 directory include:
Energy & Telecommunications
- Anthony Buxton, Portland
- Joseph G. Donahue, Gardiner
- Donald J. Sipe, Windham
Litigation: General Commercial
- Jonathan Piper, Falmouth
- Greg Hansel, Cape Elizabeth
- Sigmund Schutz, Falmouth
- William Saturley, Concord, NH
- Timothy Bryant, Falmouth
- David Van Slyke, Yarmouth
- Sharon Newman, South Portland
- Jeffrey Talbert, Falmouth
Litigation: Medical Malpractice & Insurance Defense
- Christopher Nyhan, South Portland
- Dan Rapaport, Cape Elizabeth
Labor & Employment
- Michael Messerschmidt, Cape Elizabeth
- Susan LoGiudice, Cape Elizabeth
- Bonnie Martinolich, Biddeford
Real Estate (Maine)
- Michael Lane, Richmond
Corporate/Commercial Bankruptcy (New Hampshire)
- John Sullivan, Concord, N.H.
Real Estate (New Hampshire)
- Simon Leeming, Canterbury, N.H.
Each attorney was assessed on qualities including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness/astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities most valued by his or her clients. Chambers USA researchers based the rankings on more than 14,000 in-depth interviews with leading attorneys and in-house counsel.
Although specific commentary and practice group rankings are embargoed until the publication release date in May, six practice areas are also recognized by Chambers USA. They are:
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation: General Commercial
- Real Estate