Meryl practices with Preti Flaherty’s Litigation and Employment Law practice groups from the firm’s Portland office. She represents an extensive range of clients, from individuals to large public and private companies. Her litigation experience spans several fields, including employment, business and commercial, professional liability, product liability, defamation, and personal injury. She has tried bench and jury trials in Maine State courts and examined witnesses in administrative hearings in Maine.
Meryl is a graduate of the University of Maine School of Law and Colby College with a degree in Psychology. While in law school, Meryl was a member of the Maine Law Review and the Maine Law Moot Court team, competing nationally two years in a row. She is a 2016 Charles A. Harvey Jr. Trial Immersion Fellow, and was a trial assistant and law clerk at several notable law firms in the Portland, Maine, area.
Meryl currently resides in Cape Elizabeth.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Member of Maine Law Review
- Member of Maine Law Moot Court Team
- Legal Writing Teaching Assistant
- Oral Advocacy Coach
- Colby College (B.A., 2011)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- Edward Thaxter Gignoux Inn of Court
- International Association of Defense Counsel 2018 Trial Academy Graduate
- Maine State Bar Association – New Lawyers' Section Board Member
Honors & Awards
- Charles A. Harvey Jr. Trial Immersion Fellowship
- Maine Law Class of 2017 Prize Arguer
- Gignoux Award for Appellate Advocacy
- Southern Maine Women’s Golf Association