Laura is an attorney practicing from Preti Flaherty’s Portland, Maine office. She prides herself on implementing a thoughtful yet aggressive approach to find unique ways to resolve legal issues for her clients across industries. Laura’s work is litigation-oriented, and she practices with the firm’s litigation, environmental, and employment practice groups.
Laura has a broad experience-base, including representing clients in commercial disputes, defending employers in claims brought by employees, and representing clients in environmental litigation or enforcement actions. She is skilled at preparing expert and fact witnesses for deposition and trial, taking and defending depositions, conducting witness interviews, performing legal research and writing, and developing case strategy. In addition to her trial-oriented skill set, Laura is experienced at representing clients in mediation and negotiating settlement agreements on their behalf. She provides counsel to clients in state and federal litigation, and in administrative proceedings and advises clients in connection with a wide range of federal and state statutory and regulatory requirements.
Laura is a member of Preti Flaherty’s Recruitment Committee and Professional Development Committee.
A Maine native, Laura resides in the Portland area with her husband, Seth, and two young sons.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., with honors)
- Ocean and Coastal Law Journal, Executive Editor
- University of California Davis (B.A., with honors)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Maine State Bar Association
- Environmental and Energy Section Vice Chair
- American Bar Association
- Human Resources Association of Southern Maine
- Environmental & Energy Technology Council of Maine (E2Tech)
- Maine Real Estate Development Association
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Environmental Law (2016-2018)
- Portland Museum of Art Contemporaries, Member