Jamie is Preti Flaherty's lead attorney in public finance transactions and has more than 34 years experience in this field. Jamie serves as counsel to the underwriters of bonds issued by governmental entities in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. He also serves as bond counsel to governmental issuers in Maine and as counsel to governmental entities and borrowers of tax-exempt funds. He prepares and reviews bond resolutions and indentures, official statements and primary disclosure, bond purchase contracts, SEC rule 15c2-12 continuing disclosure agreements, surveys of the securities laws of the 50 states and other documents required for bond issues. Before joining Preti Flaherty, he served as General Counsel to the Maine State Housing Authority and as General Counsel to the Finance Authority of Maine.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Securities Law Committee
- American College of Bond Counsel
- Maine Bar Association
- Past Chair, Amicus Review Committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers which is responsible for analyzing judicial matters relating to municipal bond law and for overseeing submission of amicus briefs in matters of importance to the Association.
Honors & Recognition
- Listed in Woodward/White's The Best Lawyers in America
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Officer and Director, Maine Rowing Association since 1994
- Director, China Lake Association since 1995
- Director, Princeton Alumni Association of Maine since 1999
- Member, Town of China Broadband Advisory Committee (January 2018 – Present)
- Served as a panelist on securities disclosure and other matters at annual Bond Attorneys' Workshops of the National Association of Bond Lawyers.