Jamie is Preti Flaherty's senior attorney in public finance transactions and has more than 45 years of experience in this field. He has served as counsel to the underwriters of bonds issued by governmental entities in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. He also has served as bond counsel to governmental issuers in Maine and New Hampshire and as counsel to governmental entities and borrowers of tax-exempt funds. He has prepared and reviewed bond resolutions and indentures, official statements and primary disclosure, bond purchase contracts, SEC rule 15c2-12 continuing disclosure agreements, surveys of the securities laws of the 50 states, and other documents required for bond issues. Before joining Preti Flaherty, he served as General Counsel to the Maine State Housing Authority and as General Counsel to the Finance Authority of Maine.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American College of Bond Counsel
- Past Chair, Amicus Review Committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers which is responsible for analyzing judicial matters relating to municipal bond law and for overseeing submission of amicus briefs in matters of importance to the Association.
Honors & Recognition
- Approved to Serve as Municipal Bond Counsel by Maine Municipal Bond Bank, New Hampshire Municipal Bond Bank, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Development
- In years past, ranked as the number one underwriter's counsel firm in both Maine and New Hampshire and among the top 100 underwriter's counsel firms nationally.
- Listed in the Bond Buyer's Municipal Marketplace directory (the “Red Book”)
- Listed in Woodward/White's The Best Lawyers in America
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Member, Town of China Broadband Advisory Committee (May 2017 – Present)
- Member, Town of China Tax Increment Financing (TIF) Advisory Committee (November 2020 – Present)
- President, Princeton University Class of 1971 (July 2021 – Present)
- Served as a panelist on securities disclosure and other matters at annual Bond Attorneys' Workshops of the National Association of Bond Lawyers.