Employment Breakfast Briefing: Performance Management: Navigating the Challenges of Low-Performing Employees and the Pitfalls of Discipline and Discharge
One City Center
Anyone responsible for managing employees will inevitably encounter at least one employee who doesn't perform well, who is difficult to deal with, who engages in problem behaviors, or who means well but just doesn't meet expectations. Please join Betty Olivier for an informal discussion on effective ways to manage the performance of problem employees and how to navigate the legal minefield of discipline and discharge.
- The distinction between substandard job performance and misconduct and the proper response to each
- Handling poor performing or poor behaving employees who are members of a protected class
- Non-disciplinary performance management tools that can help low-performing employees
- The importance of communication and documentation
- Potential legal issues in disciplinary actions
There is no cost to attend this event, however, registration is required and seating is limited.
Direct questions to Suzanne Pierce at 207.791.3142 or [email protected]