Evan has practiced law at Preti Flaherty since his admission to the bar in 1984. His practice specializes in the defense of workers' compensation cases and the defense of sport and recreational personal injury cases.
The worker’s compensation practice focuses primarily upon management and litigation of disputed work injury claims before the Maine Workers’ Compensation Board. It also includes representation of employers and insurers in workers’ compensation law administrative matters before the Maine Worker’s Compensation Board and Maine Bureau of Insurance.
The defense of sports and recreational injury cases focuses primarily upon civil litigation and trial of personal injury cases brought against ski areas.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1984)
- University of Southern Maine (B.A., summa cum laude, 1981)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Maine State Bar Association
- Association of Ski Defense Attorneys
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© for Workers’ Compensation Law (Employers)
- Named the Best Lawyers® 2017 Workers' Compensation Law (Employers) "Lawyer of the Year"