Dan is the Chair of the firm’s Litigation Group and focuses his practice on personal injury, medical malpractice defense and insurance defense. He is an experienced trial lawyer, having tried more than 100 cases and jury trials in Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire on a range of issues. Dan is also a highly skilled mediator having mediated more than 500 civil disputes in his career. He was named Lawyer of the Year for Mediation in 2015 by Best Lawyers in America.
Dan has been on the faculty of the Maine Trial Lawyers Association's Maine College of Trial Advocates and frequently presents on litigation and medical malpractice topics. He is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel and has served on the faculty of that organization's Trial Academy at the Stanford Law School.
He is from Sharon, Massachusetts, and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Colby College. At Colby, he was captain of the baseball team and sports editor of the Colby Echo. He earned his law degree at Cornell University in 1978 and joined Preti Flaherty the same year.
- Maine State Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Litigation Section
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals - Maine Chapter
Honors & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America
- Lawyer of the Year (2015) for Mediation
- Lawyer of the Year (2020) for Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- New England Super Lawyers
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Volunteer Lawyers Project, pro bono volunteer
- Jewish Federation, former Director
- American Camping Association
- Maine Youth Camping Association
- Colby College Maine Liaison Board
- Colby College Lacrosse Boosters