Dan Bourque is a patent attorney and co-chair of Preti Flaherty’s Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s Concord, New Hampshire, office. He represents clients locally and internationally across a wide range of technology-based industries, including computer hardware and software, telecommunications, radar, acoustics, medical devices, outdoor equipment, as well as building equipment and products. Over his nearly three decades of experience, Dan has provided informed counsel in drafting and prosecuting patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and other licensing needs as well as having conducted patent, trademark, and copyright litigation. He is regularly called upon by attorneys both in the United States and around the world for technical assistance and litigation support in intellectual property disputes and is a frequent lecturer and author on issues concerning intellectual property matters. He has also been involved with numerous arts, entertainment, and architectural copyright cases.
Dan is a Certified Mediator by the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and has extensive experience in the area of mediation and alternative dispute resolution. He is very active in urging and participating in mediation with his clients and believes that resolution by the parties themselves, rather than an imposed solution by a trier of fact, allows the parties to craft creative and mutually beneficial results.
Dan is a graduate of Suffolk University Law School in Boston and holds degrees in computer science and electronic engineering from Franklin Pierce College and Hesser College. Prior to attending law school, Dan was a computer hardware and software design engineer with an international computer company. He joins Preti Flaherty following more than thirty years of private practice in IP law in the Massachusetts and New Hampshire area.
A native of the Granite State, Dan lives in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association Dispute Resolution Committee, Member
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Arbitration and Mediation Center, Certified Mediator
Honors & Recognition
- Listed in New England Super Lawyers in the area of Intellectual Property Litigation
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Copyright Law; Litigation - Intellectual Property; Litigation – Patent; Trademark Law
- 2023 Lawyer of the Year, Trademark Law (Manchester, NH)
- Rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale Hubbell