Chris is one of Maine's foremost attorneys in the area of medical liability defense. He assists Maine hospitals and other health care providers on medical staff, credentialing and employment-related issues, with a focus on complex medical staff privileging and antitrust matters. His practice also includes products liability defense and complex litigation. He has handled to verdict over one hundred major jury and non-jury trials involving medical liability, antitrust, medical staff disputes, employment discrimination and products liability cases, throughout Northern New England. He has been involved in more than thirty major litigations and oral arguments to the Maine Supreme Court and First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of San Francisco (J.D., 1976)
- University of California at Berkeley (M.A., 1973)
- Boston College (B.A., 1968)
- Maine State Bar Association
- Liaison Coordinator
- Medical Malpractice Litigation Steering Committee, a group of leading plaintiffs and defense practitioners which liaises with the Superior Court and Supreme Court on matters of judicial and public interest regarding malpractice litigation.
- Maine Liability Demonstration Project Oversight Committee
- Legal Member
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Woodward-White's The Best Lawyers in America
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Listed in New England Super Lawyers
- Board Member of Day One, a statewide agency dealing with adolescent substance abuse
- Board Member, Woodfords Family Services
- Chris frequently lectures to professional legal and medical groups.