Ben practices with the firm's Litigation and Environmental Practice Groups. He represents clients, from individuals to large public and private companies, in state and federal courts, mediation and arbitration. He has experience with a wide variety of complex litigation, including commercial disputes, environmental and professional liability, and intellectual property claims. His media practice includes representation of the news media in First Amendment, defamation and privacy, and freedom of information matters.
Before joining Preti Flaherty, Ben served as law clerk to the Honorable John A. Woodcock, Jr. at the United States District Court, District of Maine. While in law school at the University of Wisconsin Law School, he served as Managing Editor of the Wisconsin International Law Journal.
Ben lives in Falmouth, Maine, with his wife and two sons.
Honors & Recognition
- Recognized in 2014, 2015 and 2016 New England Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star"
Civic and Charitable Activities
- Boys and Girls Club of Southern Maine
- Friends Council, Steering Committee
- Georgetown University
- Chairman of the Alumni Admission Program Committee for the state of Maine
- Dan Cardillo Charitable Fund
- Race Coordinator for the Annual 5K Walk/Run
- Fundraised, and rappelled down the side of Portland's largest building, in support of 2015 Rappel for Rippleffect campaign