Wesley Chused is one of the nation's leading lawyers on transportation law. He practices from the firm's Boston office, focusing on transportation law and litigation. His clients include many of the country’s leading motor carriers, brokers, freight forwarders, and insurance companies specializing in transportation, warehousing, cargo litigation, contract, independent contractor, and related issues.
Wes previously practiced at Looney & Grossman in Boston for over twenty years, with an extensive list of clients across industries. His career also includes administrative practice before the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (successor to the former Interstate Commerce Commission) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities involving motor carrier, freight forwarder and broker regulatory and safety issues.
He regularly practices in state and federal courts in Massachusetts and in numerous other jurisdictions on a pro hac vice basis. Wes also speaks at many bar association and industry events, and has authored numerous papers on his practice areas.
- Suffolk University Law School (J.D., 1973)
- Clark University (B.A., 1970)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Canadian Transport Lawyers Association
- Conference of Freight Counsel
- American College of Transportation Attorneys
Honors & Awards
- Transportation Lawyers Association's Lifetime Achievement and Distinguished Service Awards
- Conference of Freight Counsel's Chairman's Award
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating, its highest rating for legal ability and professional ethics