Representative Matters: Litigation
- Prevailed in a 3+ week arbitration matter in San Diego, California, in a case involving $10-15 million in claimed damages. QualityBuilt.com sued our client, Criterium Engineers for $8-10 million for breach of contract and other related intellectual property claims. Criterium Engineers' counterclaim sought approximately $1.9 million for services rendered, plus interest, costs and attorney's fees. The arbitrator ruled in favor of Criterium Engineers on all counts and awarded Criterium Engineers $3.6+ million in damages. QualityBuilt.com recovered nothing.
- Simultaneously obtained judgment in excess of $1-2+ million in favor of a national commercial product distributor against four regional retail distribution outlets in several New England States; and permanent restraining orders prohibiting the retail outlets from using the distributors federally registered trademarks.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of a Maine corporation defeating a $1.4+ million claim arising out of the sale and distribution of a nursery home and related real estate.
- Obtained a $750,000 non-dischargeable judgment in a commercial contract dispute involving the sale of commercial vehicles.
- Obtained a several hundred thousand dollar judgment arising out of the fraudulent distribution of estate assets.
- 2nd chaired an $8,000,000.00 verdict against Bank of America (formerly Fleet National Bank) for financial planning malpractice.
Representative Matters: Franchise & Business
- Successfully defended a multi-million dollar claim arising out of the ownership of an automobile franchise and related real estate holdings.
- Successfully defended and prosecuted dozens of claims on behalf of franchisors to enforce their contractual, intellectual property and post termination rights against existing former franchisees.
- Assisted publicly traded Wright Express with franchise due diligence associated with purchasing the 300+ unit Pacific Pride franchising system and post-purchase regulatory representation.
- Assisted numerous franchise businesses with expanding their operations on regional, national and international level, including the creation of franchise, area development, joint venture and related agreements as well as state and federal regulatory compliance.
- Assists numerous entrepreneurs in all phases of starting, growing and operating small businesses and related investment opportunities.