- Large-Scale Acquisition of Hydro Power Assets – Susan coordinated due diligence, report preparation and delivery for the Canadian-based Brookfield Renewable Power Group in its acquisition of an extensive network of hydroelectric and storage facilities located throughout Maine. This fast-moving transaction went from commencement of due diligence to closing, including regulatory approvals, in less than four months.
- U.S. General Counsel to a European Manufacturing Conglomerate – Susan assists Kingspan Group, an Irish-based worldwide construction products company, as its general counsel in the United States. In this role, she has assisted Kingspan with a wide array of projects and acquisitions, the most recent of which was the acquisition of a facade panels conglomerate with manufacturing facilities throughout the U.S.
- Long-time Business Counselor to a Large Maine Family-Owned Business – Susan serves as general counsel to Hussey Seating Company, a market-leading seating company in its sixth generation of family ownership. In this role, she assists the company with a wide range of legal matters, including governance, transactions and international commerce issues for their global sales.
- Positioning a Non-Profit Institution for Stability & Growth – Susan assisted Good Will Hinckley Foundation with a complicated transaction involving conveying a large portion of its historic campus to a local community college and secure the foundation's financial future. This effort required the integration of strategies to address a series of issues, including real estate matters, contracts and nonprofit regulations
- Redeveloping Saco Island – Susan represented SI Development, LLC, an affiliate of Harper's Development LLC, in the acquisition and development of Saco Island, with costs exceeding $80 million, to redevelop the island's old mill and adjacent land into waterfront townhouses, residential condominiums and a marina