Rue practices as a director with the firm’s Business Law and Creditors’ Rights Groups from the firm's Concord office. Rue regularly counsels business clients on transactional and financing matters, including mergers, acquisitions, entity formation and other corporate matters; data privacy issues, and secured and unsecured lending.
Rue also represents financial institutions and other creditors in out-of-court workouts, bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings. She helps financial services clients find solutions to complex distress situations that arise in business and consumer lending.
Prior to joining Preti Flaherty, Rue handled bankruptcy and finance matters for over five years at an international law firm in Chicago, Illinois. Rue previously clerked at the First District Illinois Appellate Court in Chicago.
Rue obtained her undergraduate degree, with honors, from the University of Chicago and earned her law degree from the Chicago-Kent College of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and an Executive Articles Editor for the Chicago-Kent Law Review.
Rue grew up in Massachusetts and Maine and now lives in New Hampshire on a hobby farm with her husband and children.
- Banking and Financial Services
- Bankruptcy, Creditors' Rights & Business Restructuring
- Business Law
- Data Security & Privacy
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (J.D., magna cum laude)
- University of Chicago (A.B., with honors)
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- New Hampshire Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- New England Super Lawyers Rising Star, Creditor Debtor Rights, 2019
- The Dewey School, Board of Directors