Peter practices Of Counsel to Preti Flaherty's Energy Law Group from the firm's Concord, NH and Boston, MA offices. His practice has a nationwide range and its scope involves wholesale power market design, energy project development, appearances before state and federal regulatory commissions, legislative initiatives, appellate litigation and energy transactional and contractual work.
Peter founded and led New Hampshire's premier energy law firm for two decades prior to joining Preti Flaherty. Mr. Brown was the principal draftsman and negotiator of the “Joint Development Agreement” between the State of Rhode Island and Deepwater Wind. This agreement led directly to the development of the offshore wind Block Island project. Brown's legal career also includes serving as Director of the Energy Law Institute, Chief Counsel to the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission, and First Deputy Attorney General at the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General. He has also served as a Professor of Law at the Franklin Pierce Law Center and as an Associate Professor of Law at Villanova Law School.
- Bowdoin College (A.B., cum laude, 1960)
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 1963)
- New Hampshire
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
New Hampshire Bar Association
- Campaign for Legal Services, Steering Committee member, 2009-Present
Honors & Awards
- Consistently recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Energy Law
New Hampshire Supreme Court
- Attorney Disciplinary System, Hearing Committee, 2010-Present
New Hampshire Legal Assistance
- Board of Directors, Co-Chair, 2009-Present
- New Hampshire Leadership Council, 2010-Present