Twenty Preti Flaherty Attorneys Selected as Chambers USA Leaders in their FieldMay 23, 2014
PORTLAND, Maine (May 23, 2014) –Twenty Preti Flaherty attorneys, including two new additions, and six practice groups have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business, the highly regarded directory of leading attorneys and law firms in the United States.
The recognition is significant as it is a result of independent research and interviews with clients and peers, to impartially gauge performance and rank top attorneys and firms throughout the United States.
Attorneys selected for inclusion in the 2014 guide include:
Energy & Telecommunications
- Anthony Buxton, Portland
- Joseph G. Donahue, Gardiner
- Andrew Landry, Bangor
- Donald J. Sipe, Windham
Litigation: General Commercial
- Timothy Bryant, Falmouth
- Greg Hansel, Cape Elizabeth
- Jonathan Piper, Falmouth
- William Saturley, Concord, NH
- Sigmund Schutz, Falmouth
- Sharon Newman, South Portland
- Jeffrey Talbert, Falmouth
- David Van Slyke, Yarmouth
Litigation: Medical Malpractice & Insurance Defense
- Christopher Nyhan, South Portland
- Dan Rapaport, Cape Elizabeth
Labor & Employment
- Michael Messerschmidt, Cape Elizabeth
- Susan LoGiudice, Cape Elizabeth
- Bonnie Martinolich, Biddeford
Real Estate (Maine)
- Michael Lane, Richmond
Corporate/Commercial Bankruptcy (New Hampshire)
- John Sullivan, Concord, N.H.
Real Estate (New Hampshire)
- Simon Leeming, Canterbury, N.H.
Each attorney was assessed on qualities including technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness/astuteness, diligence, commitment and other qualities most valued by his or her clients. Chambers USA researchers based the rankings on more than 14,000 in-depth interviews with leading attorneys and in-house counsel.
Practice areas ranked in the directory include:
- Corporate/M&A, band 3
- Energy & Natural Resources, band 1
- Environment, band 2
- Labor & Employment, band 4
- Litigation: General Commercial, band 2
- Real Estate, band 3