2013 Employment Law Seminar
363 Maine Mall Road
South Portland, ME
In one day, learn all the latest employment laws and trends: Preti Flaherty's Labor and Employment Law Group invites you to attend the 2013 Employment Law Seminar. Now in its 19th year, we are pleased to once again provide a full-day seminar to cover the most up-to-date legal issues in employment law and practical tips for implementing these requirements within your workplace.
The day starts with a 1-hour Presentation on "The Year in Review in the Courthouses" by Michael Messerschmidt. The 2012-2013 term of the U.S. Supreme Court once again decided significant employment cases providing employers with broader defenses against harassment claims and against wage and hour class actions. The Maine Supreme Judicial Court also had an active year, addressing the issue of individual liability of supervisors in discrimination cases, Maine's wage payment statute, and Maine's Whistleblower Protection Act. Michael will lead a discussion on whether the Courts altered the landscape for employers and what impacts these decisions may have on your workplace.
Who Should Attend?
- Human resources managers, coordinators
- Management responsible for workplace benefits and policy enforcement
- In-house counsel
- Other professionals involved in employment-related policies, discipline or healthplan benefits.
Benefits to Attendees:
- Meet Preti Flaherty attorneys and ask legal questions specific to your business.
- Get informed about trends in employment law BEFORE they crop up in your workplace.
- Get up-to-speed on federal and state legislation and how to apply new requirements within your business.
Date: Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Location: DoubleTree by Hilton, 363 Maine Mall Road, South Portland, ME 04106 (across from Maine Mall).
Time: 7:45–8:30 a.m. Registration/Breakfast; 8:30 a.m. Program
RSVP: Please RSVP by Sept. 11. (Cancellations are nonrefundable after Sept 17).
PHR & SPHR Credits: This seminar has been approved for 5.5 recertification hours by HRCI.
You may pay by credit card or opt to mail us a check. Please contact us at 207.791.3142 with any questions.
Registration fee is $95/attendee. Breakfast and lunch included.
Thanks to our sponsors!