Matthew S. Warner is an Associate in the firm's Litigation and Data Security Groups practicing from the Portland office.
Before joining Preti Flaherty in 2013, Matthew worked for years in government and public affairs. He owned and managed a speechwriting and political communications company since 2007. In this role, he worked with clients around the world, ranging from West Africa to Europe and from Washington, D.C. to New York City. He also served as Speechwriter for the U.S. Ambassador to NATO in Brussels, Belgium. Matthew has extensive experience with political campaigns and the legislative process, having worked in grassroots advocacy for the past decade.
Matthew is a graduate of Boston University and holds a J.D. from Columbia Law School, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, and an LL.M. from the London School of Economics. Matthew lives in Portland, Maine.
- Boston University (B.A., 2006)
- Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 2011)
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- London School of Economics (LL.M., 2011)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- Maine State Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, University of Maine School of Law
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a New England Rising Star in the area of general litigation