Matt practices with both the firm's Business Law and Sports & Entertainment Groups. He focuses his business practice on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and general business matters. Matt's Sports Law practice focuses on the representation of athletes in a variety of areas, including contract negotiations and commercial rights. Matt is a certified IAAF Athlete Representative and serves as an agent for several athletes in the sport of track and field.
Matt is currently an adjunct instructor at the University of New Hampshire School of Law teaching International and Comparative Sports Law. Prior to joining the firm, Matt was a professional runner, sponsored by Nike, and was a member of two U.S. national teams. As a collegiate, he was an 11-time NCAA Division I All-American and the 2001 U.S. Track Coaches Association Athlete of the Year. He also served as the Head Indoor Track & Field coach at Yarmouth High School, as well as the Assistant Coach to the school's cross-country team.
During law school, Matt served as the Executive Editor of the Maine Law Review. He practices in the firm's Concord office and is a native of Yarmouth, Maine.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2009)
- Executive Editor, Maine Law Review
- College of William & Mary (B.B.A., 2001)
- College of William & Mary (B.A., 2001)
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in 2014 New England Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in the areas of Entertainment and Sports Law and Business/Corporate Law.
- IAAF Athlete Representative