Kristy is Co-Chair of the Business Law Group. Her practice focuses on a wide range of corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financing, contract negotiation and drafting, corporate governance, and commercial real estate matters. She represents a diverse group of clients, ranging from small locally-owned businesses to national and international corporate clients of all sizes. For many business clients, Kristy serves in a general counsel role, coordinating with subject matter specialists within Preti and in other states and countries as client needs require.
She was born and raised in Bangor and has lived in Maine her entire life. She attended Western New England University in Massachusetts and the University of Maine School of Law, where she served as the research editor for the Maine Law Review. After starting the practice of law in her home town, Kristy decided to continue her education while working full time and obtained a Master’s Degree in Taxation from Bentley University.
Kristy is committed to the greater Portland community and has served on the board of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Maine since 2008, and as its Board President from 2013-2015. She also serves as Vice President of Maternal Health Alliance of Maine, an organization committed to supporting women facing maternal challenges, including post-partum depression, through awareness, collaboration, education, and communication.
She lives in Scarborough with her husband and three children.
- Western New England University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2001)
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2004)
- Maine Law Review, Research Editor
- Bentley University (M.S., 2012)
- Board Member and former President, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southern Maine
- Vice President, Maternal Health Alliance of Maine
- Former Board Member, Kennebunk Development Corporation
- Former Committee Member, Mad Horse Theater, Jump Start Committee
- Protective Claims for Refund: Protecting the Interests of Taxpayers and the IRS, 56 ME.L.REV. 149 (2004)
- Co-author, Maine Corporate Law & Practice, Book Review 57 ME.L.REV. 665 (2005)