Kevin is a member of Preti Flaherty's Employment Law Group and works with employers and HR professionals to find effective solutions to workplace challenges. He helps clients manage employment matters proactively by providing guidance on hiring and termination practices, developing compliant employment policies, and advising on job accommodation and leave matters. Kevin is experienced in privacy issues and the role of technology in the workplace, which he uses to advise clients on social media and electronic communications practices.
When an employment dispute arises, Kevin assists clients to develop efficient investigation and litigation strategies. His litigation practice focuses primarily on:
- Wage and hour issues
- Labor relations issues
He regularly represents clients before administrative agencies, including the Maine Human Rights Commission, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, and the National Labor Relations Board, as well as in state and federal courts.
Employment-related Intellectual Property
Kevin’s employment practice also encompasses intellectual property matters. He works with clients to:
- Prepare and enforce agreements protecting IP assets, including non-disclosure, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- Navigate domestic and international trademark law
- Assists with trademark clearance, maintenance, and enforcement
- Advise on intellectual property licensing and copyright matters
In addition, Kevin maintains an active municipal law practice and provides advice and counsel to municipalities on a variety of matters, including employment, labor, land use and zoning.
Prior to joining Preti Flaherty, Kevin served as a law clerk to Justice Jon D. Levy of the Maine Supreme Judicial Court. He lives in South Portland, Maine, with his wife and two children, along with an assortment of fiddles, guitars, and mandolins, and a few pairs of binoculars.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Bowdoin College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1999)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- Maine State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Cultivating Community, Board of Directors