Jon focuses his practice on appeals and on complex motion practice in state and federal courts and arbitration. He has briefed and argued cases before the Maine Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
Jon has a B.A. in English from Cornell University, a Ph.D. in Political Science from Yale University, and a J.D. from Boston College Law School, where he graduated summa cum laude and was ranked first in his class. Jon has served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kermit V. Lipez on the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and as lecturer in Political Science at Yale University. He is the author of "Debating War and Peace: Media Coverage of U.S. Intervention in the Post-Vietnam Era" (Princeton University Press) and a columnist for the Maine Bar Journal.
A native of Ithaca, New York, Jon lives in Portland with his wife and children.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., summa cum laude, 2001)
- Yale University (Ph.D., 1996)
- Political Science
- Cornell University (B.A., 1988)
- Maine Bar Association
- Maine Bar Journal, member of editorial board and columnist
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Volunteer Lawyers Project, pro bono volunteer
- "Bad Arguments," The Green Bag, Summer 2014.