- Counsel to Penobscot County Metro Treatment Center, a methadone medication assisted treatment facility in securing approval to expand in 2016 from the Bangor City Council, following federal court ruling that Council’s initial denial violated the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Counsel to Woodlands Senior Living, LLC in obtaining Maine DHHS approval and MaineCare funding for several memory care facilities.
- Counsel to St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in securing Certificate of Need approval in 2015 for merger of Medical Center and St. Margaret D'Youville Pavilion of Lewiston.
- Regulatory counsel to Eastern Maine Health Systems in connection with affiliation with Mercy Hospital. Certificate of Need (CON) approval for an $89 million transaction issued October 2, 2013.
- Regulatory and financing counsel to VK Health Facilities, LLC, managed by National Health Care Associates, for the lease acquisition of seven Kindred facilities in Maine. CON approval for the transaction issued June 10, 2013.
- Regulatory Counsel to Genesis Healthcare for acquisition in 2007 of 11 Maine Sandy River nursing facilities, and ongoing representation on several subsequent financings and restructurings.
- Counsel since 1979 to the Maine Health Care Association, which represents more than 200 long term care facilities caring for Maine's elderly and disabled citizens.
- MaineCare/Medicaid and Medicare compliance matters. Have represented a wide range of providers on Medicare and Medicaid compliance issues and audit reviews by federal Office of Inspector General (OIG), the US Attorney's Office, Maine DHHS Program Integrity and Maine U.S. Attorney's Office. Have negotiated terms of settlement and corporate compliance agreements and addressed multiple investigations.
- Counsel to Mercy Hospital in securing CON approval in 2008 for an $85 million hospital facility on the Fore River in Portland that now houses short-stay surgery, outpatient services and Mercy's Birthing Center.