Jeff has extensive jury trial experience in federal and state courts. Many of his clients are in the transportation business and include trucking companies and railroads. He also represents a number of cities and towns in cases involving civil rights claims.
Jeff has made several presentations before the insurance industry on topics including: "Maine Tort Claims Act," "Wrongful Death Actions in the New England States," and "Emotional Distress Claims."
Jeff was born in Aurora, Illinois, and is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Colby College. While in law school, he was research editor of the Law Review, and named to the Justinian Honor Society. After law school, he was on extended active duty for four years with the U.S. Air Force as a judge advocate at McConnell Air Force Base in Wichita, Kansas. During that time, he worked primarily as an area defense counsel, serving as trial counsel in numerous court martial proceedings.
- University of Southern Maine (M.B.A., 1985)
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 1974)
- Colby College (A.B., 1971)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Maine State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel