Jason is a Partner in Preti Flaherty’s Business Law and Real Estate practice groups, practicing primarily out of the firm’s Portland office. He represents clients regionally, nationally, and internationally on matters relating to real estate development, corporate restructuring, business acquisitions, private equity investments, and complex commercial leasing. Jason also represents both lenders and private equity groups in financing commercial real estate development and various hospitality concerns. He provides full lifecycle guidance for businesses from strategic start-up structuring and initial investment, to credit facility, acquisition growth, and ultimate sale. Jason also serves as outside general counsel for several companies.
Jason is a graduate of the University of Maine School of Law, where he served as president of the Student Bar Association and as articles editor for the Maine Law Review. Prior to joining Preti Flaherty, Jason was an equity partner at a mid-sized firm in Kennebunk, Maine.
Jason lives in Gorham, Maine, with his wife and three children.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Maine Law Review, Articles Editor
- Student Bar Association, President
- Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic, General Clinic Student Attorney
- Stonehill College (B.A., 2003)
- Ancient Studies (Archaeology)
- Religious Studies (Religious History)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maine
- American Bar Association
- Gignoux Inn of Courts, Portland, Maine (Termed-out)
- Maine Bar Association
- York County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2019)
- Maine Law Trial Competition Team, Honors Recipient
- Bernstein District Court Fellowship Recipient
- Dean’s Award for Community Service Recipient
- Saco Bay Rotary Club