Andy practices in the firm's Augusta, Maine office and works primarily with the firm's Government Affairs and Business Law Groups.
As part of Preti Flaherty's team of Maine Lobbyists, Andy works in all policy areas at the State House. His practice focuses on general business regulation and improving the regulatory climate for Maine business. He has helped deliver legislative victories for clients ranging from large telecommunications companies to the gaming industry. A former advisor to Governor John Baldacci and active in Maine politics for more than a decade, Andy has strong relationships with key decision makers at the State House.
Prior to joining the firm, Andy worked for Preti Flaherty in 2008 as a Summer Associate. In 2007, he served as a Bernstein Fellow for the Maine District Court.
Before attending the University of Maine School of Law, Andy worked for Governor John Baldacci as the Director of Boards and Commissions within the Office of the Governor. In this role, he was the primary advisor to Governor John Baldacci on thousands of appointments to hundreds of state boards and commissions. Andy also worked closely with members of the Maine House and Senate on hundreds of gubernatorial appointments requiring legislative confirmation.
A native of Washington State, Andy currently resides in Brunswick, Maine with his wife Emily.
- University of Maine School of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Ocean and Coastal Law Journal
- Bowdoin College (A.B., 2003)
- President/founder, Maine College Democrats
- Sara and James Bowdoin Scholar, 2001
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- Member, Maine State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Director, Governing Council of Maine State Bar Association New Lawyers Section (2009-2010)
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Portland, Board of Directors (2004 - 2009)
- Southern Midcoast Maine Chamber, Government Liaison Committee
- Brunswick Democratic Town Committee, Chair (2011-2013)
- Member, Town of Brunswick Voter Registration Appeals Board