Gordon is an intellectual property attorney who develops and coordinates larger patent portfolios for corporate and institutional clients. He previously practiced with Weingarten, Schurgin, Gagnebin & Lebovici and currently practices as a Director in the firm's Boston office. In managing his clients' intellectual property assets, Gordon provides guidance in the prosecution and licensing of patents and trademarks.
Gordon prosecutes patents across a wide array of technologies. He has particular experience in environmental control systems, computer networks and hardware, micro-mechanical devices, medical and laboratory analytical equipment, electro-optical measurement apparatus, and software for a broad range of technologies. His engineering background is in radar, communications, and vision systems. Gordon uses his extensive technological and legal experience to successfully prosecute patents for his clients as part of a comprehensive intellectual property strategy.
Prior to joining Preti Flaherty and WSGL, he practiced as an electrical engineer for a large, international defense electronics company where he was involved in software development, digital system design, and radar system test. Gordon began his legal career as a law clerk and technology specialist while he attended law school. A native of the Philadelphia area, Gordon received a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, specializing in communications theory and optics, from Northwestern University in 1982. He continued his engineering education at Loyola University Maryland and he later received a Juris Doctor degree from the Northeastern University School of Law in 1993.
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- Northwestern University (B.S., 1982)
- Electrical Engineering (communications theory & optics)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Boston Patent Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Maine Technology Institute
- Member, Precision Manufacturing Technology Board
Honors & Awards
- Recognized in 2013 New England Super Lawyers in the area of Intellectual Property
- Northeastern University School of Law
- Alumni Board of Directors, 2008-Present
- First Unitarian Society in Newton (MA)
- Board of Trustees, 2010-2013, (Chair, 2012-2013)