Ethan practices with Preti Flaherty’s Business Law, Municipal Law and Public Finance groups from the firm’s Portland office. He focuses his practice on a wide range of matters, including contracts, business start-ups, LLC and partnership agreements, mergers and acquisitions and general business issues. Ethan contributed to the Maine Chapter of the American Bar Association's Sales and Use Tax Desk Book 2016-2017 edition.
Ethan is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School and Northeastern University with a degree in Economics. While in law school, Ethan served as a Notes Editor for the Michigan Business & Entrepreneurial Law Review and a clinical student in the University of Michigan’s Transactional Lab, where he worked with in-house counsel on transactional matters. Prior to joining Preti Flaherty, Ethan interned at the United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., working in the Civil Division, Torts Branch, Aviation & Admiralty Litigation Section.
A native of northern Maine, Ethan currently resides in Portland.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- Notes Editor, Michigan Business and Entrepreneurial Law Review
- Treasurer, Michigan Law Outlaws LGBT Student Organization
- Northeastern University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Treasurer, Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
- Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society
- Morris A. Horowitz Excellence in Economics Award
- Maine State Bar Association
- National LGBT Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers