Dan is the Chair of the firm’s Litigation Group and focuses his practice on personal injury, medical malpractice defense and insurance defense. He is an experienced trial lawyer, having argued more than 100 jury trials on a range of issues. Dan is also a highly skilled mediator having mediated more than 200 civil disputes in the past five years and was recently named Lawyer of the Year for Mediation by Best Lawyers.
Dan has been on the faculty of the Maine Trial Lawyers Association's Maine College of Trial Advocates and frequently presents on litigation and medical malpractice topics.
He is from Sharon, Massachusetts, and graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Colby College. At Colby, he was captain of the baseball team and sports editor of the Colby Echo. He earned his law degree at Cornell University in 1978 and joined Preti Flaherty the same year.
- Cornell Law School (J.D., 1978)
- Colby College (A.B., 1974)
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Maine State Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Litigation Section
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals - Maine Chapter
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America
- Lawyer of the Year (2015) for Mediation
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- New England Super Lawyers
- Volunteer Lawyers Project, pro bono volunteer
- Jewish Federation, former Director
- American Camping Association
- Maine Youth Camping Association
- Colby College Maine Liaison Board
- Colby College Lacrosse Boosters