Preti Flaherty recognizes the growing need in the global economy for quality antitrust and competition representation. As competition enforcement and antitrust litigation increase worldwide, Preti Flaherty protects the interests of business clients throughout all types of complex antitrust and competition matters, mergers and acquisitions and litigation. The firm has extensive experience litigating antitrust class actions throughout the United States.
Several of our attorneys practiced with antitrust specialty firms before joining Preti Flaherty, and one Partner is Board Certified in Antitrust and Trade Regulation Law by the Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
We represent businesses in all aspects of antitrust and competition law, such as:
- Litigation of Antitrust Class Actions
- Hart-Scott-Rodino pre-merger filings with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission
- Civil and criminal investigations at the state and federal level
- Internal corporate investigations
- Counseling on issues including pricing, licensing and distribution
- Advising trade associations on antitrust compliance and the proper scope and limitations of communications among members
- Preti Flaherty's role in the Iowa Ready-Mix Concrete Antitrust Litigation was recognized by U.S. District Judge Mark Bennett when he stated, “Through their extremely skilled and efficient efforts, class counsel marshaled sufficient evidence and archived settlements that were highly favorable to the class members, all within a year and a half of the original case filing.” Order, November 9, 2011. The Court went on to say the case was “a model for the nation that class actions can, indeed, work exactly as Congress and the federal courts intended” and “This case has been to me what it was like when I stood before da Vinci’s ‘Mona Lisa’ and Michelangelo’s ‘David,’ observing the great masters’ works.”
- Preti Flaherty was recognized by U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for the quality and efficiency of our work. He wrote: "Plaintiffs' Counsel showed consummate skill and efficiency in prosecuting this case – the settlement...they obtained illustrates their ability." Window Coverings Antitrust Litigation, Order on Motion for Attorneys Fees, Expenses and Incentive Awards, November 29, 2007 (Preti Flaherty was one of two Co-Lead Counsel).
- In approving a $14.2 million antitrust class action settlement, U.S. District Judge Gregory Frost, of the Southern District of Ohio, commented, "I wouldn't have ever thought that this case would have proceeded along as smoothly as it did." In re Foundry Resins Antitrust Litigation, MDL No. 1638, U.S. District Court, District of Ohio, Hearing on final approval of settlement, March 28, 2008, p. 32 (Preti Flaherty was co-lead counsel).